Monday, May 4, 2009

Day One: Hitting the Ground Running




Monday, May 4, 2009
8:30 pm
3 1/2 Hours

The day started out slowly, well slowly for senior project fast for AP Gov. From eight a.m. to eleven a.m. I slaved over the AP Government test. I met Jill right afterward and we went searching for a table to sew on. After a quick bite to eat we met our sponsor Kathy Noordij at 12 pm. She told us to pick something out of our pile of collected clothing and get inspired. In no time scissors were cutting, seams were ripping, and the sewing machines were soon buzzing with stitches. I started out with two button-down shirts then deconstructed them both. After a little drama with Jill’s sewing machine everything fell into place. I picked a base pattern for my project (an apron) then started sewing what needed to be sewed, cutting what needed to be cut and trimming what needed to be trimmed. By three pm I was 90% done with my project. By getting straight to work we realized the things we were missing we then put together a list of things to get tomorrow in Concord. At three pm I went to go pick up some cloths from Danny’s car. We now have quite the collection of odd clothing, from velvet to plaid we have it all in our workspace all that is needed now is the right equipment and a little creativity.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the picture of you hard at work. I will try to remember to drop some extra clothes by your door this afternoon. Christina D.

    ReplyDelete