Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 2: Shopping and Deconstructing


Tuesday, May 5, 2009
3 hours
8:30
This morning we took a little trip to Concord to stock up on some sewing necessities. We successfully found some left handed scissors for Jill and looked for interfacing for my apron, which was fruitless, but Kathy said she could bring some on Friday. We then stopped at the Goodwill to find a shirt that I could mix and match pieces of with another shirt we had already. After finding the perfect shirt for my project we returned to campus. Lunch in the dinning hall then Jill and I went to our workroom to do some hands on work. I started doing what I soon learned was the most tedious part of this project: stitch removal. I worked from one pm to three pm slowly deconstructing the sleeves, pockets and collars of my two shirts. After accidentally ripping one arm I learned that patience is key. I spent the whole time deconstructing the shirts and am still am not finished quite yet. But tomorrow I plan to finish. Jill and I decided that our project for tomorrow would be to make new felted slippers from old wool. While I was deconstructing my shirts she deconstructed the sweaters. After our work on the slippers we are going to visit the Viandier’s house to pick through some old cloths to add to our collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment