Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 8: Sewing then Taking it out


Wednesday, May 11, 2009
3 Hours
I woke up at around 8 this morning. After Jill finished French class at about 9 am we headed to New London. We have a lot of machine sewing needles but only one hand sewing needles so we figured it was time to buy more. Jill also needed some embroidery thread to sew her slippers. We finished up at around 10 am. I then went to work on filling out my weekend card and stopped by to set up a time to meet with Phil. Later that day I felt it was time for me to get back to work. So at 7 pm to 9 pm I worked on the miss matched shirt. I started working on the biggest difficulty of the shirt: the miss matched sleeve. The problem is that the hole for the sleeve is larger than the original slave was so I have to scrunch it up so it all fits when I am sewing it. This took some playing around with my sewing machine. After I had pinned the sleeve and finished sewing I turned it right side out to admire my work. I then found I problem. I had sewn the sleeve on inside out. I then had to take out all the stitches then re pin and re sew the sleeve. The lesson I learned is the check and double check that I have it on the right way. Finally I finished the shirt. I think it will definitely be part of the fashion show.

No comments:

Post a Comment