Thursday, May 12, 2009
4 Hours
Today I headed to the workroom at 9 and began flipping though books for ideas for a new project. I found a wallet made out of shirt cuffs. I began deconstructing. After I had the two cuffs I started fallowing the directions. The problem with the wallet was that I found it to be a little too boring. There were no slots for charge cards and the money had to be bent to be fit in it. Once I realized the design flaws with the book's design I began to think of how I wanted my wallet to be. I found two new cuffs to work with that had a longer width so the money wouldn’t have to be bent. Then I decided I wanted to line the inside of the wallet with another material. I then planned out how to line it and went to work. After I lined the wallet I started to think about slots of charge cards luckily I had a card on me to use to plan out the slots for it. After taking a brake for lunch I came back and finished up the slots. Then I worked on a design for the outer part of wallet. I sewed on the outside on. I also decided that I want to use a magnet to keep the wallet closed. So tomorrow I am going to look for the right magnet and then get stuffing for my pillow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment