Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 7: All Work and No play


Tuesday, May 12, 2009
4 Hours

Today was a long day. The morning started out with the AP Environmental Science exam. Which took a lot out of me. I then stopped by advisory to say hi then headed off to the workroom. On a beautiful days like today Jill and I like to open the door every once and a while to get some air in. Today we figured out how to keep the door open by wedging a chair between the door and the frame, riveting work we are doing eh? We were actually doing some real work though. I started hand sewing the collar and cuff of my miss matched shirt at 11 am, after I hand sewed them in bright red thread I went over it with the machine and then took the red thread out. This gave me a pattern to fallow and meant I didn’t have to work around pins. After I worked on the shirt I began to finish up the bag. The little details often take so much time and I spent quite a bit of time finishing it up. Sewing the lining in required me to first iron, then pin, then hand sew, then go over it with the machine and finally then take the hand sewn stitches out. Then I had to finish up the hand by using Jill’s sewing machine and it’s zig-zag stitch to finish up the hand. I also put on a button and a loop from a hair tie for a closing of the bag. I am very happy with the final results. I finished up at around 2:30 pm then went back at 8:30-9pm to work on my miss matched shirt. I am afraid I might have to take off the pocket stitching I did tonight because it’s not lying flat. So hopefully I will finish up that shirt tomorrow. It was a long day but I am happy with what I accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment