Day 6: Results!!
Monday, May 11, 2009
5 hours
Today I went to the room at 11 am and began to work. I finished hand stitching the apron I had worked most of last week on. I am posting a picture of Jill modeling the apron on the left. Once Kathy came at 12 pm we really got to work. I began using some of the materials that I spent last week deconstruction. The Jacket that I had deconstructed I started to see as a bag. And Kathy started helping me make a pattern for the general shape of it. One I had the shape I started cutting it out with a front and a back. I wanted to keep the pockets that were already in the jacket so I had to incorporate them into the design. I then used the sleeves to cut out long strips for the handle and bottom of the bag. Then I began sewing and putting the bag together. I spend the remaining time pinning and sewing the bag. By 2:30 pm I had finished the outside of the bag. Kathy instructed me to do make the same thing for a lining. So I returned to the workroom at 7 pm and worked until 8 pm. Because I knew how to cut and sew everything making the lining only took me an hour. Then and I brainstormed for our hypothetical company from 8 pm to 8:30 pm.
Possible Company names:
Redeux
PIIT (putting it in perspective)
2nd Time Around
Ecofabulous
Revamp your style (courtesy of Ashley Ward)
Perspective
MEOW (make everything old wonderful)
No consensus yet, but hopefully soon.
i vote for MEOW.....
ReplyDeletei like that shirt u made
ReplyDelete